Fix “You need permission to perform this action” in Windows
March 3, 2022
Losing control of the computer you’ve bought is definitely discouraging. Suffice it to say that such a problem turns Filemodo computer life into a big one.th nightmare because you can’t use your own files or folders for applications to do their job. Unfortunately, you have to “You need permission to perform this action in Windows 11, 10, 8.7 1 or for ‘obvious reasons’, which means that the problem can come from one source and ruin everything. Since you are on this page with people from all over the world think so.
Therefore, we recommend that you use our comprehensive help to solve the problem “You need to run this in the Windows 8, 8.1, 10 7 stage”:
1 To.You Disabled Third-party Antivirus
First, you should temporarily disable an additional non-Microsoft solution, as that may be the specific cause. If this resolves the reported issue, contact someone, your reseller, or consider switching to a different virus protection method.
2. Scan Your Computer For Malware
How do I fix my computer in Safe Mode?
How do I fix my computer in safe mode?
Press the Windows icon key + I on your keyboard to open Settings.
Choose System > Recovery.
Under Recovery Options, next to Advanced Startup, select Restart From.
After the person’s computer restarts, go to “Select Option Screen” > “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced Options” > “Startup Options” > “Restart”.
If the first method did not help you, it’s time to check your system for malware – indeed, if you observe these symptoms along withannoying message “You must give them permission to perform this action”™./p >
To < check if your computer is infected with malware, use the best antivirus or Embedded Windows Defender.
Follow these steps to use the Windows Defender associated with Windows 7:
- Go to the start menu -> type (without “Defender” quotes) in the search box.
- Select Windows Defender from the list Select -> scan option.
How do I fix my computer in Safe Mode?
How to use Windows Defender Windows 8 version (8.1) only:
- Click Start -> Go to Search window.
- Enter “Defender Window” -> select Defender Window from the list.
- Open the main page of Defender>, go to the “Updates” section.
- Select “Home” -> “Navigation”.
- Select Full Scan Options > “Scan Now”.
To scan your well with system Windows Defender in Win 10, do the following:
- Open the Start menu > Settings > Update & Security.
- Go to Defender windows -> Open Defender window -> Run full scanning your system.
To rule out malware issues when fixing the “You need to take action” annoyance, it’s a must to check every corner of your favorite system. To do this, your computer needs a reliable computer system that it can pair with. The bike can work. For this reason, we advise you to use Auslogics Anti-Malware: this will accidentally detect and remove threats that no one even knew existed.
3. Restart Your Computer In Safe Mode
How do I fix a corrupted Windows file?
If a malware scan did not resolve the issue, try restarting some operating systems in safe mode.
To do this on Windows 10 5 windows / (8.1), follow these instructions:
- Always click the Start button below -> Go to Positive Force.
- Hold down the Shift key -> Hold down and click Reload.
- Your computer will restart and a troubleshooting screen will appear.
- Troubleshooting -> Troubleshooting Advanced Options
- Launch options a -> Reload
- Your computer will restart after -> restart, press F4.
- Now check if your personal computer is in order.
- Save performance and restart your computer.
- Press F8 at startup (before a specific Windows boot screen)
- Choose failure mode without and see if it solves the problem
Is it all free? Then journalists are ahead of troubleshooting – they still have a lot of tricks up their sleeves.
4. Check Home Monitoring Permissions
If the message “You need permission to perform this action on a problem” persists, carefully review your permissions for alerts. You may need to tweak them a bit.
Here is what you should preferably do:
- Right-click on the problematic application or fileapp and select “Properties” from the new menu.
- Go to the security panel. Find the -> account whose permissions you want to check in the “Group or User Names” section. Click the Edit button
- Select -> appropriate balanceaccount -> go to the main “Permissions” area.
- In the column, click Allow Full Scan -> Click -> Apply -> OK to save changes for now.
- Check if your issue is resolved
5 Is. Change The Owner Of A Commonly Problematic Element
No success? Next, let’s try changing the owner of the element that’s having matching problems:
- Right-click on the item listed in the “This action requires permission” message
- Also select “Properties”, go to “Security Account” -> click the “Advanced” button.
- Go to the “Owner” section and click “Edit” -> a special user window “Select or Groups” will appear.
- Go to Help Enter the subject name in the selection box and type administrators or it could be your username -> click the names button Check -> OK.
- Include ownership of subcontainers and physically replace them -> Apply them -> OK
Another way to easily take ownership of a problematic element is to use the command line:
- On the computer keys, simultaneously press the Windows logo key and the S key, either of them, to open the search window -> Type “CMD” without quotes.
- Select “Command Prompt” from the defined list of options and right click it -> Select this option “Run as administrator” -> Provide your confirmation or administrator credentials when you are a guest.
- An elevated command prompt will be launched -> Enter the following commands (the “path_to_folder” may be the actual path that is causing problems with your folder):
Resume /f “folder_path” /r /d y
icacls “path_to_folder” /provide to administrators:F /T
- Close command prompt and restart your computer.
- Check if this trick solved your family problem
6. Add Your Account To The Admin Group You See
“You need permission to perform this action” may be due to the fact that you do not have the necessary administrative rights. Here is how you can solve this problem by adding your own savings account to admin group:
- Click “Start” -> “Go” “Panel -> Controls”. Click “User Accounts”.
- Click the User Accounts entry again -> Manage User Accounts -> enter password confirmation when prompted.
- Go to “Users” tab -> go to “Users” to get this computer -> select your page -> click “Properties”
- Go to the tab in Group Membership -> click the Administrators group -> click OK -> then click OK again.
- Press Windows key + X on your keyboard -> select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Enter the following words and phrases into the command line dialog:
net localgroup-> You will see a list of subscribers of all your localgroups
- Run this command:
net localgroup Administrators [username] /add(don’t forget to replace [username] with the name of the website you want to add when you add it to your admin group)
- Press Windows key + X -> select Computer Managementuter.
- Go to “Local Users Group” > and “Users”.
- In the left pane, find your account twice and click it.
- Go to member button -> click the Add button.
- If necessary, select the “Enter object names to use” checkbox.
How do I fix a corrupted Windows file?
Use the SFC tool. 1.1 You tool runs system file checks.
Use DISM resource
run safe mode in sfc-scan.
Run an SFC scan, boot up today, to Windows 10.
Replacing files manually.
Use the System Restore option.
Reset corrupted Windows 10.
Does SFC Scannow fix anything?
The command expression sfc /scannow scans all protected text files and replaces the supplied corrupted files with a cached copy located in a compressed folder located at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.